February Flu and Currently Too

Is it Christmas Break?  Spring Break?  What's going on here?  I haven't been in my classroom in three (yes, 3) days!  My daughter has Influenza B and it is ruthless and relentless with ridiculously high fevers and ......... any other 'r' word suggestions?  How about really, really, bad!!!  She is only five!  Poor thing.  We made a trip to the ER last night because the fever was up near 104 again and she couldn't keep any medicine down.  I.V. fluids worked wonders.  But she's still struggling today.


So, no fun posts about what's going on in my classroom this week!  Actually, I'm scared to know what's going on in Room 205 right now???!!!  But seriously, I have a great group of students this year so I'm sure they are being respectful, responsible, and ready, right??  A teacher can only hope.  :)  As for the 'being gone for three days in a row' thing?  I would love to hear how you all manage when sickness strikes for several days in a row.  I unfortunatly do not have several days of emergency sub plans just waiting, super organized like, in a drawer to be used.  So each morning I have to get up, type up plans, without resources, although freebies from TPT are so handy in these situations, email plans, and then beg a coworker to make copies and organize things for the day!  I need a better system.  Any tried and true tips or resources would be much appreciated!  Especially because I slept face to face with my darling daughter in a hospital bed for several hours last night and probably inhaled Influenza B germs like crazy.  My turn is probably next!

But before I hit the Airborne, I'm linking up with Farley for the monthly Currently!  Enjoy!



14 comments

  1. I hope your daughter feels better! I love the FRAME on your site! So very cool! :)
    Melissa
    LeachTeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I just checked out your blog and I love it too! I'm your newest follower.

      Delete
  2. I came over from Farley's Currently...I do hope your daughter gets better! :( I'm your newest follower, I love your blog design.
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fern, I'm your newest follower too!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I envy my coworkers who can bop into work to do sub plans when they or their kids wake up sick. Not possible for me. So I blogged about my sub template here - http://fifthinthemiddle.blogspot.com/2012/10/sunday-funday-sub-plans.html

    As far as what I have them do, I usually just have them proceed with what I was going to do. If I don't have copies made, somehow I can always remember where I put my binder so the sub can make copies. However, there is time in the morning when the sub can do it. So far, this has worked well for me. But since my kids are I are rarely sick, I'm sure that it will bite me in the rear at some point!

    Hope your little sweetie gets better soon!
    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she's feeling a bit better today. I love the template idea, that's sort of what I do now but I don't have one for each day of the week. I have to manipulate it depending on the day of the sub. Daily templates are a great idea!

      Delete
  4. I hope your daughter gets better soon and I am praying for a snow day tomorrow too!

    My principal requires us to have 3 days of emergency plans ready to go. It is a pain at the beginning of the year to get these ready, but it's a relief when those emergencies arise!!

    Julie
    My Journey to 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is feeling a bit better today and we got our snow day!!! I hope you got one too!!!!

      Three days of emergency sub plans would have been a lifesaver this week. I'm putting that on my 2013-2014 'To Do' list. :)

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is feeling better soon. My kids are older now, but I remember how awful it was when they would get so sick when they were little. I hope getting a snow day will take some of your stress away and you can have some time to catch up!!

    Kathy O.
    Third Grade Doodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got our snow day! Yay! Now to just get off the internet and get started on school catching up........LOL

      Delete
  6. Hope your daughter feels better. Our little one had RSV in January and it was horrible. I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my daughter had RSV as an infant too. It was so sad seeing her in that little hospital crib. Hope your little one has recovered well!

      Delete
  7. Melissa,
    I'm just catching up on my favorite blogs and saw your post. I'm so sorry your little one has been so sick! I hope she is better by now, and that you are all heading back to some normalcy.
    Thinking of you with best wishes!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie for checking in on me. My daughter is doing much better, but it took a good 7 days for the fever to subside. It was a long 7 days. LOL

      Delete

Back to Top